Davenport University and the Greater Michigan Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors have recently partnered to provide professional development opportunities and enhanced pathways to education for ABC-GMC members, their dependents, and students of ABC-GMC’s Greater Michigan Construction Academy.
“Through this partnership with Davenport University, we aren’t just training better skilled tradespeople, we’re creating better people in the skilled trades,” said Jimmy Greene, CEO of ABC-GMC, which serves member companies in the Great Lakes Bay Region and throughout central Michigan.
The partnership provides a number of discounted learning opportunities, including:
- A 20-percent tuition discount for ABC-GMC members who enroll in business classes as non-degree students, enhancing knowledge and skill sets needed to increase effectiveness in their organizations.
- ABC-GMC members in management capacities can enroll in the Certified Manager (CM) program at a 20-percent discount. The CM program is an internationally recognized credential that focuses on management foundations, planning/organizing, and leading/controlling.
- ABC-GMC members also receive a 20-percent discount on all publicly-offered professional development programs through Davenport’s Institute for Professional Excellence. This provides members access to several learning and development opportunities important to running a business, including professional HR credentialing, leadership and management certificates, and one-day business skill courses.
- DU will work with ABC-GMC to develop and provide custom training for member businesses around leadership, management, and/or business skill topics, such as pre/post assessments, one-on-one coaching, and application-oriented learning sessions.
- DU also has extended a 20-percent discount to all dependents of employees of ABC-GMC member companies.
- Dual enrollment opportunities for Greater Michigan Construction Academy students could lead to additional education opportunities with Davenport University, reducing time to degree.
“This partnership provides tailored opportunities to address needs of ABC Greater Michigan Chapter’s members and GMCA Students on many levels,” said Dan Rundhaug, Executive Director of IPEx. “It helps member employees advance as professionals through the knowledge they gain. Managers can grow in leadership roles through certification programs. And while many might not be interested in pursuing a degree for themselves, they have a strong desire for their dependents to attend college.”